All things come to a beginning

Thursday, August 09, 2007

When other people blog it better


Alli hits the nail on the head, as she so often does:

For most things, the more I do them, the better I get at them (...) But with relationships, the more I’m in them, and out of them, the less I feel like I know. And even as I see my friends in relationships, some happy, some not so happy, some serious, some not so serious, and even as I try to glean knowledge and experience from them, I’m left with feeling like I have no fucking clue what is going on. I don’t know when to draw the line. I don’t know when being there for them is more hurtful to me than it is helpful to them. I don’t know when to be friends and when to let it go. I don’t know when to ask for more if they aren’t giving enough. Or when they are asking for more, I don’t know how to say: “I just can’t give that.” I try to, and sometimes I think I betray myself a little bit to make other people happy.

2 Comments:

Blogger al said...

Uh, actually I came here to read something I hadn't already read!

Thank you for the compliment, my friend. And right back at you.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Sofie Rycken said...

Haha - yeah, sorry. It felt too good not to repeat.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home