All things come to a beginning

Monday, July 09, 2007

RSVP

I graduated yesterday, for the second time. Results were great for me and mine, and it was good to see some of my former profs again and catch up with them. It hasn't sunk in yet that - as is - I won't be part of the university scene anymore. But it's been a good ride, all six years. I learned, I met, I grew, I traveled, I accomplished. And the school's seen me off with a nice handshake: the internship that I got to do as part of my last programme was a big factor (next to skill and a whole lotta luck) in landing my current job. It's a good feeling to be invited back somewhere, to be welcome any time, to know that you left an impression the first time around that made people want to see more of you. Whether it's continued friendship, a second date, someone folding back the still-warm bed sheets on a Sunday morning, getting through to another round in a job application obstacle course, being asked to come back has got to be one of my favorite compliments.

3 Comments:

Blogger al said...

If you figure out how to be an adult, let me know, okay?

5:25 PM  
Blogger Oran said...

If you figure out, you could be RICH! MWOEHA!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Sofie Rycken said...

Define "adult"... Not to be discouraged if someone doesn't ask you back?

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home