All things come to a beginning

Monday, July 16, 2007

Double cross

Hey you. So, I saw you at the festival a little while ago. I know! When it comes to live music, we cross paths. Granted, you probably go to half the gigs out there, but still.
It was good seeing you there, it had been a while, huh? You sort of half-looked at me and marched on, in a way that still makes me give you the benefit of the doubt and lean more towards "shy" than "arrogant prick". I'm going to be at that party next week that I'm sure you got invited to also. I'll be happy to get you a drink - nothing major, no hour-long conversation, I would simply hand you a drink, shoot you a smile and hope for more than that lame semi-glance you do. What do you say?

2 Comments:

Blogger akd said...

i'd say he'd be a fool not to accept the drink and even more foolish not to chat with you.
--
howdoyoudo? friend of alli's, love your blog.

2:09 AM  
Blogger Sofie Rycken said...

That's really sweet of you :)
I'm bartending the early shift at this party, so it's pretty much a given that I'll be successful in offering him that drink. As for what will happen after I'm done working though, I'm not sure. Hey, any breakthrough would be good. I honestly have no Big Plans with this guy, just think it's a shame people don't small talk more in this country.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home