All things come to a beginning

Monday, March 05, 2007

Living Apart Together


Leuven - Amsterdam - Toronto: the world is a global village. Case in point, my former roommate Anna, who's on exchange in the Netherlands for a year (at least!), just came to spend the weekend with me in Belgium. Hard to believe that it's been over a year since so many Canada-related things happened. Precisely twelve months ago, I went out to Yuk Yuk's for Mike's birthday. It's funny to think that since then my beloved downtown has seen an entire spring, summer & fall pass by... Man. Act now, act today is what I say to that. Don't sit on ideas, waiting for someone else to move forward with it. Run with it.

2 Comments:

Blogger al said...

Sometimes I scare myself with "Where was I a year, two years, three years, ago?" I am shocked at how life changes, how the people in your life changes, how the things that you want, or always thought you wanted, change.

But. Then I snap out of it. And realize that what I have is what is in front of me.

And so I do think like book tickets to China. So in a year, I'll look back and be, "Wow, a year ago..."

5:48 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

if we could plan every thing, there'd be no mystery! and now i'm off to see Jen in Ireland, the non-communist part :)

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home