All things come to a beginning

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Fresh

I've been debating whether or not to keep blogging after my return from Canada. After a year, I reviewed the pros and cons...and found a lot of cons. For one, people already know your most exciting news. "Oh my God, you're not going to believe...oh. Right. You read about it yesterday. Well. That's that then". For two, people think they know your news. That is, they put a spin on what you write that isn't necessarily how you intended it to be perceived. And because it's in print they can come back to it time and again. For three, it's a tricky ego thing. What do you post? What makes you think anyone cares?
But then there are pros too. First of all, I was asked to continue. Which makes me happier than anyone could ever know. Secondly, it encourages introspection and alerts you when a week has gone by without you having done anything remotely interesting. But also, I just feel the need to go on. I feel that I go through my days - quite rapidly, actually. It seems like it's constantly the end of a long day, just like now, and I haven't accomplished half of what I had planned to do or should have planned to do - and that I am touched. Thoughts and experiences fall down on me, stick in my hair, get into my pores and under my skin. And it's a great feeling to come home and wash it all off by jotting down a couple of paragraphs and sending them out. If you asked me what is so great about sharing your dirty bath water with other people, I wouldn't be able to give you a decent answer. All I know is that some of my friends seem to appreciate it. And that I come out of it feeling nice and clean and refreshed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home